Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hallo,

Though I play with hackintosh for quite some time now (I am 45 yo, I started with Clover and El Capitan on my HP Elitebook 8540p with 2nd Gen intel cpu), I am still a newbie. I only follow guides and read a lot to understand. I am member of this wonderful site since 2018.

My current hackintosh testbench PC is already a Frankenstein with Asus Maximus IX Apex Z270 with modded BIOS, running now Core i9-9900KF, G.Skill TridentZ kit of 32GB DDR4 @3600 and Sapphire Radeon RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB GDDR5 11265-21-20G. And the cherry on top is the original 256GB Apple SSD in a SATA adapter. I got bunch of these SSDs back in time when I was working in an Apple refurbishment warehouse. It was scrapped as dead but most of them are 100% with only couple hundreds of starts and few GB read/written. They are just slow as they are basically 2011-2015 SATA SSDs with Apple proprietary connector.

I am now running OpenCore as boot tool and Sequoia macOS and all works pretty well. Now I just came accross Pulse Monitor so I ran it and it shows the HW pretty well except for the RAM. It shows how much each process or program takes but the all over RAM gauge shows zero. The screenshot of the PM not showing RAM is zipped and attached. But in "About This Mac" the RAM amount and frequency is correct. I think its because of SMC is not reading the CPU RAM controller correctly. What do you think about it?

Regards, George

Archive.zip

  • Administrators
Posted

SystemPulse-Release.zip

This app is for Ventura+. Check if this version work, I changed support to Bigsur+.

-Guides and Tutorials HERE

-Hackintosh Tutorial Database - HERE

-The largest EFI folder collection for Hackintosh HERE

-Support Olarila Vanilla Hackintosh by making a donation HERE

-Professional Hackintosh Support since 2006 HERE

Posted

Hallo MaLd0n,

Yes, I confirm, this version reads the RAM correctly. Thank you, I stick to it. You can close or lock or even delete this topic.

Btw., do you think that my PC can run Tahoe? I mean, I know that on Z370, Z390 chipset boards with native support of 9th Gen its fine but Z270 only supports 8th Gen officially. Though basically I only added CPU microcode and edited some other minor things in the modded bios file with CoffeTime Tool so it probably isnt a big deal but what really concerns me is the hardware mod on the CPU.., pins that are not where they are expected to be. Anyway, I already got a 32GB USB stick prepared as Install MacOS Tahoe and now I am only fiddling with the OC EFI part. Can you, please, share your opinion and ideas and eventually point me somewhere, where I will find a working guide to edit my EFI folder to boot the Installer successfully? Thank you, sire! 

Oh and..., I also read how you feel about all the other hackintosh sites. Fact is that you as well as the other guys use the github resources. The difference to me is how you and the others reuse and interpret this data back to the public. And I agree with you that a lot of them are completely unreliable and questionable. A pure vanilla hackintosh is what I prefer. And that cant be achieved without a full and deep knowledge of all aspects and differencies between Mac and PC and how to get around them.

Good night!

George

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...