Jump to content

Bugs after 26.7 and Safari 27 - Safari (Youtube) freezes and apfsd in an endless loop.


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Em Português:
Olá pessoal.
Após atualizar o hack para o Tahoe 26.7 e persistindo no 26.7.1 e o Safari 27, meu sistema começou a ter 2 problemas sérios. São eles:

1º - Tenho vários HDs de muitos TB e após o upgrade o processo apfsd fica consumindo 400% de CPU o tempo inteiro por dias e sem parar. Cheguei a deixar 7 dias seguidos e não termina. Não adianta colocar os discos em Privacidade no Spotlight parar não indexar, pois não influência. A única forma de parar é desmontando os discos e remontando (finalizar o processo apfsd não adianta pois é chamado novamente). Parece que consome 100% de CPU para cada disco, deixei com os 2 menores discos conectados apenas e ficou consumindo 200% por dias também e não termina. Imagino que seja algo em relação a IA, que não vou usar mas não consigo com que o processo pare.
Testei sem os plugins e sem nenhum software de terceiros rodando no sistema e o problema ainda continua.
Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YwZyEl-4MNksBkyd-m2qNiFuQDXrPPk9/view?usp=sharing

2º - O Youtube no Safari fica travando toda vez que passa uma aba e volta, rola qualquer página para baixo/cima, e muda de mesa. Há outras coisas também que fazem travar mas estas são as principais. Muito chato, atrapalha demais. Claro que posso usar um outro navegador mas o Safari é o meu principal e seria bom achar uma solução.
Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_vdEX8cFf1M3gaPSuIZ3OwLGCTyHU3v8/view?usp=sharing

Se alguém souber resolver me dê uma luz por gentileza pois deve ter outras pessoas com os mesmos problemas.

Core i5-11400 - MSI B560 Tomahawk Wifi - 32GB RAM 3600MHZ XPG - OpenCore 1.0.8 - macOS Tahoe 26.7.1


Em Inglês:
Hello everyone,
After updating my hack to Tahoe 26.7—which persists on 26.7.1—and Safari 27, my system started having two serious issues. They are:

1st - I have several multi-TB HDDs, and after the upgrade, the `apfsd` process keeps consuming 400% CPU continuously for days without stopping. I even left it running for 7 straight days and it didn't finish. Adding the drives to Spotlight's Privacy tab to prevent indexing doesn't help at all. The only way to stop it is by unmounting and remounting the drives (killing the `apfsd` process doesn't work since it immediately spawns again). It seems to consume 100% CPU per drive; I tested leaving only my 2 smallest drives connected, and it stayed at 200% CPU for days as well without finishing. I suspect it might be related to AI features, which I don't intend to use, but I can't find a way to stop the process.
I tested this without any plugins or third-party software running in the background, and the issue persists.
Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YwZyEl-4MNksBkyd-m2qNiFuQDXrPPk9/view?usp=sharing

2nd - YouTube on Safari freezes/stutters every time I switch tabs and come back, scroll any page up or down, or switch spaces/desktops. There are other triggers as well, but these are the main ones. It's very annoying and disruptive. Of course I could use another browser, but Safari is my primary one and I'd really like to find a solution.
Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_vdEX8cFf1M3gaPSuIZ3OwLGCTyHU3v8/view?usp=sharing

If anyone knows how to fix these issues, please point me in the right direction, as I'm sure others might be experiencing the same problems.

Core i5-11400 - MSI B560 Tomahawk Wifi - 32GB RAM 3600MHZ XPG - OpenCore 1.0.8 - macOS Tahoe 26.7.1

Edited by viniciusmi00

i5-11400 (Rocket Lake) - MSI MAG B560 Tomahawk Wifi - AMD RX 5700XT - 32GB (2x16GB) XPG Spectrix D60G 3600MHz - Tahoe 26.7.1 - OpenCore 1.0.8

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...