Jump to content

Broadcom Bluetooth on real MacBookPro9,2


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have a problem with My 13" MacBookPro9,2 from Mid 2012.
This is one of the last ones with DVD drive, it has a Core i7 2,9 GHz and Intel HD4000 graphics.
And Broadcom Bluetooth.

I'm using Mavericks 10.9.5. I know it's old, but it is fast and enough for me. Because it only has two USB ports
which are close together I wanted to connect the mouse using Bluetooth. Bluetooth is shown active in the
menu bar, but BT devices can be directly next to the MacBook and they aren't detected. The Bluetooth
Preferences Pane also doesn't help. The MacBook shows this in System Profiler:

USB name:

Broadcom BRCM20702 Hub

Device: 0x4500 (17664)

Manufacturer: 0x0a5c (02652)

Bluetooth USB Host controller:

Device: 0x821d (33309)

Vendor: 0x05ac (01452)

There was an issue with this MacBook. There was no audio. So I tried VoodooHDA. I got several audio outputs,
but it didn't had internal speakers. I read that several people had problems with no sound after updating to 10.9.3,
so I tried different kexts back to 10.9.0. No success. Then I tried AppleHDA.kext from 10.8.5 and this worked.
I've checked Contents/Resources, and in the 10.8 kext are 77 layout.zlib files, in Mavericks just 14. In Yosemite
are 126. Why removed Apple so many of the zlib files in Mavericks that it made audio not working?

After the 10.8.5 audio kext was working well I tried the Bluetooth kexts from 10.8.5. It didn't worked worse,
but it also didn't work better. So I wanted to switch over to BrcmBluetoothInjectorLegacy.kext, which is working
on my OSx86 system with a Dell-branded card, DW1550 27020A3.

First I had to deactivate the Apple drivers. So I replaced in the bluetooth kexts the ID 33309 to 93309 so the
card couldn't be found. This worked, there was no Bluetooth anymore.  Then I added the neccessary device
entry in BrcmPatchRAM.kext. This also worked fine, everything is loaded as it should.

But which firmware should I use? There are 54 entries with BCM20702A1 and one BCM20702B0.
I have my OSx86 drivers always in /S/L/E because I'm using different versions of macOS.

I've checked the descriptions of BrcmPatchRAM. I have the Bluetooth drivers from the BootCamp package.
But actually I have no Windows system to install them on.
My Windows experiences are also so gone... Windows 7 was the last I used.

I inspected the files I had, checked them in a hex editor, extracted other files from the exe files...
One .exe contained another installer exe which contained this data.
Shown in TextEdit it looks like this in the attachment. Reminds me at some ascii graphics.

 

Greets, naquaada.

 

WhatIsThis.zip

Edited by naquaada

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...