Olarila Professional Hackintosh Services ×

AORUS Z590 - USB Audio Realtek ALC4080 - USB Mapping issue Ventura

Hello everyone, thank you all for the time and work you put into this vibrant community, which has been my to-go hackintosh resource since a few years back.

I'm putting together a build for a friend (Aorus Z590 Ultra, XT 6600, i7 10700k), and decided to go with Ventura. Installation went really smooth using the vanilla image provided by Olarila, and the system performs quite well!

The only strange issue I'm facing has to do with audio and USB ports. As you might know, the ALC4080 is a new chip class based on USB, so it has its own caveats. 

With both USBInjectAll and XHCI-unsupported included on the kexts folder, and XhciPortLimit DISABLED under Quirks, I get audio on my system.
The device shows up as USB Audio in Hackintool (Name: HS02, Ports: 0x02 and 0x04) and works fine, but of course I have no USB 3.0 functionality.

If I enable XhciPortLimit and reboot in order to map my 3.0 ports and create a USBPorts.kext, both HS02 ports still show up highlighted in green, but they have no name under the Device column. I get USB 3.0 functionality, but lose the audio.

I can't seem to make it work and it's driving me nuts! Have any of you faced a similar problem before? 

Thank you all for you time!

• Administrators
  • Like 1

-Guides and Tutorials HERE

-Hackintosh Tutorial Database - HERE

-The largest EFI folder collection for Hackintosh HERE

-Support Olarila Vanilla Hackintosh by making a donation HERE

-Professional Consulting for macOS Hackintosh since 2006 HERE

Hello again! Only recently did I find the time to dedicate myself to trying to solve this issue (lots of other work and very little time to work on my hackintosh ?)

The mapping on Windows didn't go as expected... It worked 

At first I did not realize that port #2 was paired with another port, and for that reason when I deactivated the latter, even though I left #2 active, I had no sound.

After that clicked, everything went smoothly. Thank you for the encouragement and for the excellent work you do!

• Administrators

Enjoy!

-Guides and Tutorials HERE

-Hackintosh Tutorial Database - HERE

-The largest EFI folder collection for Hackintosh HERE

-Support Olarila Vanilla Hackintosh by making a donation HERE

-Professional Consulting for macOS Hackintosh since 2006 HERE