Olarila Professional Hackintosh Services ×

Most Powerful Hackintosh in 2024

Hi all,

After years (since Tiger 10.4.x ! ) of building and using hackintosh systems (mostly for myself) I am thinking of building one (last ?) that can satisfy my desktop needs for the next couple more years, until it's no longer possible. I am not someone that just uses a computer just for FCP video editing, I want an all-rounder, good single- and multi- core performance, enough PCIe slots/lanes for more than just a GPU, 128GB or 256GB RAM. As much as I would love a Mac Studio, it is very hard to find (I do not reside in USA), impossible to upgrade, impossible to repair yourself, impossible to find 2nd hand, and I can't spend 6000 EUR for a good-enough configuration, I'd rather spend half on something I can build and maintain myself. I will probably watercool, I already have a good case, PSU, storage, RAM, GPU, etc.

My current hackintosh is based on X299 (i9-10980XE) HDET but I was wondering if I can build something even better/faster in 2024.

Intel 14900KF and 13900KF do not have enough PCI lanes - in addition to the GPU, I need to connect at least one 16x NVMe RAID card and a 10GBE (or faster) ethernet card. Plus, Intel has been a mess lately with regard to its 13th and 14th generations.

I do not know if anything newer than the Intel X299 chipset and Cascade Lake-X Xeons would be compatible for a hackintosh, e.g. I haven't seen anything with the W790 chipset, nevermind that PC users have been reporting that it underperforms.

I do not know how far could I go with AMD Threadripper/Epyc.

Any recommendations or thoughts ?

• Administrators

Good idea is avoid AMD for professional things.

X299 work good but is old.

• Like 1

-Guides and Tutorials HERE

-Hackintosh Tutorial Database - HERE

-The largest EFI folder collection for Hackintosh HERE

-Support Olarila Vanilla Hackintosh by making a donation HERE

-Professional Consulting for macOS Hackintosh since 2006 HERE