- Copy the .raw file to an USB stick
If you have error during copy, eject and re-connect the pen drive. When Windows asks if you want to format it, cancel and run Image Writer again.
If the problem persists, disable your anti-virus software, it may be blocking raw write to the drive.
For OS X
- Boot the USB drive and install.
Default boot loader is Clover
If you want to use Chameleon press 1 at boot
UEFI boot is for Aptio BIOS only. For other BIOS use legacy boot to install, you can fix UEFI boot later
If you need, use TransMac to delete kexts which are causing problems (System/Library/Extensions) and delete kernelcache (System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup)
If boot stops right before reaching the installer, or graphics aren't working right, delete video kexts:
ATI = AMDRadeon* and ATI*
Intel = AppleIntelHD*, AppleIntelSNB* and AppleIntelFramebuffer*
nVidia = GeForce* and NVDA*
You can also move kexts booting in single user mode (press space bar in Clover or down arrow key in Chameleon)
- Code: Select all
mount -uw /
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelFramebuffer* AMDRadeon* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* /kext_backup
You need at least one free partition, use Disk Utility (in the Utilities menu) to erase it as Mac Os Extended (Journaled).
If you want to install the boot loader in this partition and you use MBR (not GUID, like if you already have Windows in the HD), it must be a primary (not extended/logical) partition.
Wait for the installation to finish and restart.
- Boot the USB drive, then choose to boot the HD you just installed OS X (not the installer USB again).
- Install boot loader to the HD.
- Install essential and other kexts you may need (network, audio, etc).
FakeSMC.kext is always needed
While you don't have power management fixed, you will probably need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
If you use PS/2 keyboard or a laptop you will need VoodooPS2Controller.kext (or ApplePS2Controller.kext) and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
How to find kexts for your hardware
Detailed post install instructions
- When you format the USB drive as FAT/NTFS you'll notice its size was reduced. Just open Disk Management (Administrative Tools), remove the 5 GB partition and create a new one using all the drive.