- Copy the .raw file to an USB stick using SUSE Studio Image Writer
If you have error during copy, eject and re-connect the pen drive. When Windows asks if you want to format it, cancel and run Image Writer again.
If the problem persists, disable your anti-virus software, it may be blocking raw write to the drive.
Another Image Writer for Windows, if SUSE doesn't work
- Boot the USB drive and install.
Default boot loader is Clover
If you want to use Chameleon press 1 at boot0 screen
If you need, use TransMac to delete kexts which are causing problems (System/Library/Extensions) and delete Extensions.mkext (System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup)
If boot stops right before reaching the installer, or graphics aren't working right, delete video kexts:
ATI = ATI*
Intel = AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer and AppleIntelGMA*
nVidia = GeForce* and NVDA*
You can also move kexts booting with flag -s (single user mode)
fsck -fy mount -uw / mkdir /kext_backup cd /System/Library/Extensions mv AppleIntelIntegrated* AppleIntelGMA* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* /kext_backup rm ../Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext reboot
If you want to install the boot loader in this partition and you use MBR (not GUID, like if you already have Windows in the HD), it must be a primary (not extended/logical) partition.
Wait for the installation to finish and restart.
- Boot the USB drive, then choose to boot the HD you just installed OS X (not the installer USB again).
- Install boot loader to the HD.
- Install essential and other kexts you may need (network, audio, etc).
FakeSMC.kext is always needed
While you don't have power management fixed, you will probably need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
If you use PS/2 keyboard or a laptop you will need VoodooPS2Controller.kext (or ApplePS2Controller.kext) and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
How to find kexts for your hardware
- When you format the USB drive as FAT/NTFS you'll notice its size was reduced. Just open Disk Management (Administrative Tools), remove the 7 GB partition and create a new one using all the drive.