From now on all the discussions on this application will be maintained here:
About This File:
Micky1979 and Mirone are glad to present you a new version of AppleHDA Patcher.app that will help you enabling sound on your Hack!
AppleHDA Patcher, Jarvis ready
funny? Well, born for fun joking with Mirone about some adventures patching AppleHDA.kext.
Anyway Jarvis is there!
Supports 10.10+, in AppleHDA Patcher v1.9 support for earlier versions of macOS has ended.
Using Layout-Id=2 for Laptop's why Layout-Id=3 was removed in macOS Mojave.
- The app require a vanilla AppleHDA from the current system, otherwise can't work.
"drag an AppleHDA" functionality serves only if you are trying to patch it for another System and you use this system with the patched kext generated, or if is your saved vanilla kext (backup) and is the version needed by your system (not extracted with pacifist because should be incomplete). Also be sure is not a rollback from a minor version of the system (eg kext from 10.11 in 10.12 or from 10.11.5 in 10.11.6)
- Generated kexts must be correctly installed (permissions repaired and cache rebuilted), the app did not install anything (look inside ~/Desktop/MironeAudio).
- if does not work, be sure you have injected the correct layout-id (you can see it in ioreg).
- if does not work, mind that all the patches are all reported as working by someone else system.
- If does not work, be sure you have removed thirt party conflictual kexts (voodoohda, AppleALC, AppleHDADisabler, someone else injector), or you have removed or edited from your DSDT/SSDTs someone else patch you have applied previously.
- There are differences between systems, so if you are sure your System is ok, probably you need a custom patch, we need the codec dump from linux
- Don't work? Ok, but knowing only that, personally I don't care because mine always work. So comment at least if you are able to provide information like a ioreg firstly, but also your config.plist/patched dsdt or ssdt if any. Also the app as a function called "Jarvis" so a copy-paste of that is also appreciated.
Features / Specifications:
1- You don't need to have separate patches, now they are implemented within the app, just choose Desktop's or Laptop's.
2- Is it possible to patch AppleHDA.kext for different macOS versions, he supports all kexts from 10.7 up to 10.11 (and newer), or by default use the one in /System/Library/Extensions as base for the patches without drag anything.
3- You can create kexts through its patched files (Platforms.xml, LayoutX.xml, Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext )
drag all of your files, choose or type the codec to patch the binary. The process automatically start.
4- Is automatically created a full patched AppleHDA.kext + HDAEnabler.kext to be used with all bootloaders, an aDummyHDA.kext and a config.plist *sample (to be used with Clover), an HDEF patch to be used with MaciASL ready with the correct layout-id (in case you chose to patch laptops also an IRQ patch will be generated), and also you will find usefull the CodecCommander.kext + hda-verbs by Rehabman .
All files will be placed inside ~/Desktop/MironeAudio, just choose what you need.
5- for all steps 1, 2 and 3 you can also drag to the app interface your real config.plist to be edited where necessary.
6- The application is able to make corrections remotely updating itself when and if necessary.
The app produces various files, off course you do not have to use them all:
Use aDummyHDA.kext + edited config.plist for Clover (Ozmosis works similar)
For all other bootloader use the full patched AppleHDA.kext (+ HDAEnabler.kext or DSDT edits... not both).
Use CodecCommander.kext if the sound does not work after the sleep (wake), read more
aDummyHDA.kext goes in /System/Library/Extensions does not work in EFI/Clover/Kexts
bcc9 for patch_hda.pl ported to obj-c code by Micky1979
Andy Vandijck for getcodecid command
Pike R. Alpha for the idea of the Dummy kext
Geoff Garside for the zlib implementation
Kabyl and Taruga for the HDAEnabler.kext
Mirone for all the patches
RehabMan, TimeWalker75a, The-darkvoid for the CodecCommander.kext, .
RehabMan for it's fork of iasl 6.2+ available
// AppleHDA Patcher // // Created by Micky1979 and Mirone on 18/11/15. // Copyright © 2015-2018 Micky1979, Mirone. All rights reserved. //