Hi,

look my previous post
pernacabeluda wrote:Post install instructions

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1716
pernacabeluda
Senior

Re: Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard bootable USB for Intel PCs

Postby Seusan » 12 Jan 2013, 20:09

I've had nothing but trouble trying to install this OS on ANY machine I own, multiple ways with legit and not so legit copies of OS X, NOTHING I did worked. Until I found this post. Heere is a collection of my edits to the post as I went figuring things out for myself as I think this thread is dead... anyway incase someone like me stumbles across it, here ya go:

Hi thanks for the post, I've been trying install on an inspiron 1525 for a week and your post is the farthest I've gotten. I've ran into issues though. I couldn't use SUSE to copy the .raw to my USB because of an "exception error" so I used "Image Writer" instead (https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download), I tried the boot and it cut out just before the installer screen I got that os x gray colour then it was black. I'm having trouble trying the kexts fix, through TransMac what I get is: (also see pic attached)

HFS+
Extra
Install Mac OS X.app
Instructions.localized
Optional Installs.localized

I'm new to Mac can't find/don't know how to browse the "(System/Library/Extensions) and delete Extensions.mkext (System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup)" you mentioned.

Also tried to input this code but again dunno when or where or how to start the prompt to do so:

Code: Select all
fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mkdir /kext_backup
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv AppleIntelIntegrated* AppleIntelGMA* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* /kext_backup
rm ../Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext
reboot

Think you could help me out or tell me where I'm going wrong??

=========================================================================================================================================

It's show hidden files in TransMac Options > Show Hidden Files, I'll report back if it works.

OK!! I will update this as I go incase someone else having trouble stumbles across it having never used the software

I deleted ALL of the files containing:

AppleIntelIntegrated
and
AppleIntelGMA

in their names. You will have to go into a "mac" or "contents" subfolder when trying to find some of them. Extensions.mkexts located in the cache directory path "System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup" My installation screen popped right up. I'm sure I'll have a million other issues as I've been at this for a week! but I will update as I go.

Ok, After install completes boot back to USB drive but as it's starting tap '1' on the keyboard to launch Chameleon boot loader because the HDD you just installed to will not show up in Clover. Proceed to this link http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1716 to install boot loader to HDD and then install kexts as you need them.

I will update as I go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Seusan

CPU: 6100
Motherboard: FFX UD3
GPU: 6870X2

Postby Kimo_13 » 09 Mar 2013, 08:18

When I boot from the USB, it always fails.
If I use Clover, it says "loading drivers" with a bunch of dots, but after several lines of dots, the last couple of dots go blurry, and it restarts.
If I use Chameleon, it reverts to text after loading all of the extensions, and just sits there.

Same Problem but I've a Pentium P6200 Laptop Acer Aspire 5742z

Any Ideas?
Device 1 : Acer Aspire 5742z 2 GB RAM 320 GB HDD Intel HD Graphics Mac OS X Lion or SL.

Device 2 : Chiligreen Platin MJ 4 GB RAM 750 GB HDD Intel HD Graphics Windows 8 Pro 64bit

I need a Driver for Netgear WG111 for Lion or Mountain Lion.
Kimo_13

CPU: Laptop
Motherboard: Chiligreen
GPU: PlatinMJ

Postby Deviance » 20 Apr 2013, 22:30

I got DSMOS HAS ARRIVED on my acer AO751H, any solution?
Deviance

CPU: Intel Atom
Motherboard: Intel
GPU: Intel

Postby peterbob » 20 Apr 2013, 22:44

I managed to install and now I am booting using the USB thumdrive. I need to know to install the bootloader/clover to the HD from the USB image. I am using the torrent indicated on the OP.

I have looked up the post install instructions, it says to install clover but its are not clear as to how to do this. Should I just move the Extra or the Boot directory to the HD?

thanks,
peter

BTW: I dont think I am using the UEFI mode option. I used the first boot option from the USB to boot and install, and now I am using the boot from HD option.
peterbob

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo
Motherboard: GM965/ICH8
GPU: GMAX3100

Postby artur-pt » 21 Apr 2013, 01:15

hello

sure u don't read the post ....

install with the pkg

if u don't know nothing about the loader ....

see the links ... and read all about Clover.

good hack
PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI
Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000
My OS X Files - join me at irc.freenode.net/##olarila
artur-pt
Staff

Postby ericsia » 15 Feb 2014, 15:34

can i ask? which version of clover that you use? you still remember?
ericsia

CPU: Intel Pentium T4500
Motherboard: Unknown
GPU: Intel HD 4000

Postby FireWire786 » 18 Jul 2015, 19:22

I Need help,you said i need to delete Extensions.mkext on the USB and i did that but it keep telling me "An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder."
FireWire786

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
Motherboard: 0A60H
GPU: intel chipset family

Postby pratiklad » 01 Aug 2015, 10:14

sir even i have a problem with the deletion of the things in usb bootable 10.6.3 .it is not showing installation screen
pratiklad

CPU: intel Pentium core 2 duo
Motherboard: Toshiba
GPU: windows 7

Postby pratiklad » 02 Aug 2015, 08:16

reply as soon as possible
pratiklad

CPU: intel Pentium core 2 duo
Motherboard: Toshiba
GPU: windows 7

PreviousNext